RESOURCES FOR FACULTY
In addition to our research and student programming initiatives, the Contemplative Sciences Center offers retreats, workshops, learning communities, and consultations for faculty interested in learning more about contemplative teaching and learning at UVA and beyond.
Contemplative Practice Faculty Community
- Meets weekly for 15 minutes of contemplative practice, including mindfulness, gentle movement, and observational practices. We hold occasional half- and full-day retreats and in-depth practice sessions.
For more information, email us firstname.lastname@example.org. (Please use the following subject line: Contemplative Practice Faculty Community)
Teaching & Learning Faculty Community
- Meets once a month to discuss the theories and practices of contemplative teaching and learning, share ideas, hear from seasoned practitioners, and help one another explore questions and concerns that arise on this journey. Focus is on contemplative teaching and learning in service of student flourishing.
For more information, email us email@example.com. (Please use the following subject line: Teaching & Learning Faculty Community)
Research & Scholarship Faculty Community
- Meets once a month to set our individual or collective research project goals, read and discuss core studies in the field, and read/comment upon each other’s drafts for conference presentation and/or publication.
For more information, email us firstname.lastname@example.org. (Please use the following subject line: Research & Scholarship Faculty Community)
- Multi-day Institute for faculty interested in teaching as a contemplative practice. Includes course design elements for adopting contemplative pedagogy and ideas for bringing contemplative approaches to research and scholarship. Hosted in partnership with the Center for Teaching Excellence's Course Design Institute in Summer 2021.
For more information, email us email@example.com. (Please use the following subject line: Contemplative Institute)
- You're invited to meet one-on-one with one of our seasoned staff to consider ways to bring contemplative approaches into your teaching, scholarship, or personal life. Format varies depending on faculty need.
For more information, email us at firstname.lastname@example.org. (Please use the following subject line: Consultation)
To stay up-to-date on our workshops and classes, you may subscribe to CSC's e-newsletter here.
View or print the flyer from the pdf below: